Interested in a Career in Administration?
Grande Prairie and District Catholic Schools posts positions on Education Canada,
(http://educationcanada.com). All applications must be submitted to the Catholic Education Centre and not the individual schools.
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Strong commitment to Catholic Education
- Pursuing a Masters' in Education or completion of Masters' program.
- Experience/knowledge in instructional leadership including Balanced Literacy, Assessment, Differentiation, Technology, and Inquiry Based Learning.
- Previous leadership experience.
Leadership Quality Standard:
- A leader builds positive working relationships with members of the school community and local community.
- A leader engages in career-long professional learning and on-going critical reflection to identify opportunities for improving leadership, teaching and learning.
- A leader collaborates with the school community to create and implement a shared vision for student success, engagement, learning and well-being.
- A leader nurtures and sustains a culture that supports evidence-informed teaching and learning.
- A leader supports the school community in acquiring and applying foundational knowledge about First Nations, Métis and Inuit for the benefit of all students.
- A leader ensures that every student has access to quality teaching and optimum learning experiences.
- A leader provides opportunities for members of the school community to develop leadership capacity and to support others in fullfilling their educational roles.
- A leader effectively directs operations and manages resources.
- A leader understands and appropriately responds to political, social, economic, legal and cultural contexts impacting schools and the school authority.
A Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check are requirements of all applicants. A Medical Examination is a requirement of the successful applicant.