Eligibility for Student Transportation
Grades K-3 and Grades 4-12 Eligibility (includes French Immersion)
All students riding on a First Student Urban or First Student Rural Bus are required to have a bus pass. A bus pass is free if a child in Grade K-3 lives 1.7 km or more from their designated school (see school boundary map). Students in Grades 4-12 who live 2.4 km or more from their designated school are also eligible for a free bus pass.
Major Arterial Roadways Eligibility
Students will also be transported for free (Kindergarten – 12) if they must cross a major arterial road. A major arterial road is defined as 132nd Avenue, 116th Avenue, Wapiti and others. Please call the Transportation office to determine if you are eligible for free transportation.
Out-of-Boundary (School of Choice) Eligibility
Out of Boundary or School of Choice (SOC) students (Celtic, Montessori, St. Catherine) may access busing for a fee from an existing stop if there is room on the bus. The fee is to be paid in full for the entire school year prior to the student receiving their bus pass. An online payment system will be in place by June 2020. Parents are responsible for payment of the bus pass until the bus pass is handed back in to the Transportation Office. If your child is not riding the bus, please get their bus pass in as soon as possible so more charges are not incurred. Students must meet the 1.7 or 2.4 km walk distance to their School of Choice.
Parents with children in Pre-Kindergarten are required to transport their child to a Pre-Kindergarten program unless student transportation is designated by the Supervisor of Early Learning and the child is eligible.
St. John Bosco Outreach Eligibility (downtown)
Student living 2.4 km or more away by the shortest route from St, John Bosco have to be taking a minimum 50% course load to be eligible for a City Transit pass or Yellow School bus service.
Transportation Information & Contact
- First Student is responsible for cooperative Transportation in the City of Grande Prairie, and various routes in the rural areas surrounding Grande Prairie, Beaverlodge, Sexsmith and Spirit River for 3,475 students.
- Peace River School Division provides transportation services in the Fairview region for approximately 145 students.
- Peace Wapiti School Division provides transportation services in selected Beaverlodge, Sexsmith, & Spirit River locations for approximately 185 students.
- Please phone (780) 532-3013 and ask for the Transportation Department for more information
- Email: GPCSD.Transportation@gpcsd.ca
First View Bus Tracking App (First Student Busing Only)
ZPass (First Student Buses Only)