Grateful Advocates of Catholic Education
Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education (GrACE)
GrACE stands for Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education. The goal of GrACE is to advocate for publicly-funded Catholic education across the province of Alberta. It is supported by the Alberta Bishops, Alberta Catholic School Trustees, and Catholic School Superintendents of Alberta.
All Catholic school districts have been asked to form a GrACE team that advocates for Catholic education. Our district also has its own GrACE team. Among its alliance of stakeholders are Trustees Michelle Boisvert, Jamie Schoorlemmer, Michael Popek, and Michael Ouellette, Superintendent Karl Germann, district personnel and parents, parishioners and members of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Grouard_McLennan, Catholic Women’s League of Canada and Knights of Columbus.
GrACE invites all those committed to Catholic education to be advocates and witnesses for our schools' success and their future.
The mission of GrACE is to inspire, invigorate and embolden the spirit of Catholic education in order to unite, engage, educate and communicate with one voice on its behalf. GrACE is a partnership of stakeholders resolutely committed to Catholic education within the province of Alberta.
The gift of publicly-funded Catholic education in Alberta is a blessing. As a community we are called in gratitude, faith and action to ensure that our children and future generations continue to learn and grow in our Catholic schools.
Did you know?
- Publicly-funded Catholic schools are constitutionally protected and have been educating children in Alberta for 158 years.
- 183,000 students currently attend Catholic schools in Alberta.
- Alberta is one of three provinces in Canada with publicly funded Catholic education.
- Catholic education affirms parents as their children's primary educators and respect the rights of parents to choose the school that best meets their needs.
- Catholic schools' deepest desire is to ensure that every child knows and experiences the love of God through the witness of their community.
- Principles of diversity and inclusion are central in the teachings of the Catholic Church and permeate all aspects and curriculum in a Catholic school.
- Catholic schools are committed to academic excellence.
In your homes, neighborhoods, schools and parishes, watch for and get involved with your local GrACE team. Help spread the word by sharing your stories of Catholic education.
Join the conversation
Use the hashtag #gottagracegroup to join the conversation.
Grande Prairie & Area GrACE Newsletters
Regional GrACE Newsletters