The Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools Education Foundation's Mission
is to inspire learning, enrich teaching and nurture the spirit in our Catholic school community through enhanced resources and funding.
The Education Foundation allocates funding for special projects in the schools, awards scholarships to students and oversees the Snack Program. By choosing to support the Education Foundation you are helping to ensure that all our District students have the opportunities to thrive in a global community while nurturing the call to love and serve others.
Since 2007, nearly $90,000 has been awarded to support a wide variety of special project initiatives.
Examples of past approved Special Projects include:
- St.Joe’s Interact Club funding for Cambodia Project
- Skills Canada Standard equipment for competition
- Microphones for the Glee Club
- Classroom ipad accessories
- Class retreats, guitar lessons, mural painting, art calendar, graduation attire, a student engagement initiative, school concerts, drama residency
- A linguistic exchange, greenhouse projects, bike club for those that don’t have one, girls positive support groups, excursion and faith retreats.
Every day in Grande Prairie, children and youth go hungry while in school. Since February 2003, the Grande Prairie Schools Snack Program has recognized the need for nutritious snacks to alleviate hunger and educate children about healthy lifestyle choices. Monday through Friday, The Snack Program currently provides a nutritious breakfast, snacks and emergency lunches to all our Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools reaching out to over 5000 students. The Foundation oversees the operation of this Snack Program.
Board of Directors
List of Directors
- John Witschen - Chair
- Dr. Jim Henderson - Vice-Chair
- Steve Good - Vice-Chair
- Karl Germann - Director/Superintendent
- Michael Popek- Director/Trustee Representative
- Chelsea Nestibo/Jacquelyn Carroll - Director/Secretary Treasurer
- Doug Bain - Director
- Jodi Winnicky - Director
- Nick Kebalo- Director
- Kari Prichard - Executive Director