Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools welcomes children and their families to the exciting world of Early Learning!
Children enrolled in our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs benefit from fun and engaging learning experiences that help them develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, creatively, physically and spiritually.
We warmly welcome both Catholic and non-Catholic families in our schools.
Kindergarten is an important step in your child’s learning and development. We offer a variety of Kindergarten options to suit the needs of our families including Full-Day Kindergarten, French Immersion Kindergarten and Montessori Kindergarten.
Pre-Kindergarten is a high-quality early learning program that builds a strong foundation for learning success.
To enhance your child’s experiences and to strengthen the relationship between home and school we offer Family Oriented Programming at various locations throughout our District. Parents will be encouraged to participate in classroom activities, and meetings will be held for parental support and input into the program.
Your Child's Learning and Development
- Top 10 Reasons for Attending Kindergarten
- Play is the Best Way to Explore and Learn
- Six Areas in Which Your Child Will Learn and Develop
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development