2022-2023 Eligibility Criteria
Students Eligible for Busing (includes French Immersion)
All students residing within the following distance criteria are considered eligible to ride a school bus
(No transportation fees required):
- Grade K-3 residing 1.7 km or more from their designated school* or designated program of choice school **
- Grades 4-12 residing 2.4 km or more from their designated school* or designated program of choice school**
- Any Grade that meets the major arterial roadway eligibility:
- Wapiti Road (Hwy 40)
- 68th Avenue
- 84th Avenue
- 92nd Street south of 100th avenue only
- 100th Street
- 132 Avenue
- Southview subdivision for students attending St. Kateri
- Students living in Chelsea Villas (those crossing 102 St) to attend St. Catherine
A maximum of 2 transportation services allowed (requesting to pay for additional service options are not accepted due to room availability).
Students In-Eligible for Busing
All students within the following distance criteria are not considered eligible to ride a school bus and parents will be required to find an alternate means to get their child(ren) to school (requests to pay options are not available):
- Grade K-3 residing less than 1.7 km from their designated school* or designated program of choice school**
- Grades 4-12 residing less than 2.4 km from their designated school* or designated program of choice school**
- Students that reside out-of-boundary from their designated school* where a connection can not be made.
- You Ride. = You are eligible to ride the bus to the school/grade you entered
- You do not ride. = You are not eligible to ride the bus to the school/grade you entered
Note: Approved Walk Limit to bus stops for all students transported = max. 750 meters. Parents/Guardians are responsible to get their child(ren) to the bus stop safely. School Districts are responsible for their safety once the students board the school bus.
Out-of-Boundary or Out-of-District (School of Choice or Program of Choice School)
The Board supports that parents may chose to attend a School of choice, however school bus services may not be guaranteed. If there is room available on the bus and the student is able to meet the bus on route at a pre-existing stop, transportation may be provided for a fee.
Students that have been approved to ride the bus to their school of choice should interpret the service as being valid for a one (1) school year term only, with the expectation that your child(ren) may not be able to obtain the same school bus service the following school year.
Students may be required to fill out Form 306A Boundary Exemption Form by your school.
Urban (City of GP) - Parents with children in Pre-Kindergarten are required to transport their child to a Pre-Kindergarten program unless alternate transportation is designated by the Supervisor of Early Learning and the child is eligible.
Rural - Parents with children in Pre-Kindergarten can be transported to a Pre-Kindergarten program by school bus only if an older sibling is riding.
*Designated School - a student residing within the attendance/zoned area for that school
**Designated Program of Choice School - a student residing within the attendance/zoned area for that Program of Choice (excludes Arts Integration and Performing Arts/Drama Programs)