Students enrolled in:
- Grade K-3 residing less than 1.7 km or more from their designated school* or designated focus school**
- Grades 4-12 residing less than 2.4 km or more from their designated school* or designated focus school**
- Students that are out-of-boundary from their enrolled school where a connection can not be made.
Eligibile Students (includes French Immersion)
All students residing within the following distance criteria are considered a priority 1 (P1) eligibility:
- Grade K-3 residing 1.7 km or more from their designated school* or designated focus school**
- Grades 4-12 residing 2.4 km or more from their designated school* or designated focus school**
- Any Grade that meets the major arterial roadway eligibility
Major Arterial Roadways Eligibility
Students will not be charged a fee to be transported on a bus if the student crosses a major arterial road to get to their designated school. Major arterial roadways are defined as:
- Wapiti Road (Hwy 40)
- 68th Avenue
- 84th Avenue,
- 92nd Street south of 100th avenue only
- 100th Street
- 132 Avenue
- Southview subdivision students attending St. Kateri
- Students living in Chelsea Villas (those crossing 102 St)
Out-of-Boundary (School of Choice) Eligibility
The Board supports that parents can make a choice to attend a non-designated school, however the services may not guarantee transportation to the non-designated school or an out-of-boundary focus school (Celtic, Montessori). Students are considered a priority 3 (P3) and are processed on a first-applied, first-served basis, if room is available.
Parents with children in Pre-Kindergarten are required to transport their child to a Pre-Kindergarten program unless alternate transportation is designated by the Supervisor of Early Learning and the child is eligible.
*Designated School - a student residing within the attendance area for that school
**Designated Focus School - a student residing within the attendance area for that focus school