Information for Candidates
Make a difference in your community
Become a GPCSD School Board Trustee!
Consider running as a Trustee in the 2021 Trustee Election.
Nomination Packages will be available on January 4, 2021 online or in person at
The Catholic Education Centre
9902-101 Street, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2P4
Nomination Day: September 20, 2021
Election Day: October 18, 2021
Contact Information: Returning Officer
780-831-9455 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Boisvert (Incumbent)
- John Croken
- Jermiah English
- Jason H. Gunther
- Doris Implica
- Michael Ouellette (Incumbent)
- Rick Sakundiak
- Alyeska Silvester-Degen (Incumbent)
- Russ Snoble
- Michelle Gemmell (Acclaimed)
Alberta School Board Association (ASBA) Information
ASBA has a variety of great resources for trustees that will assist them in the lead-up to the municipal election on October 18, 2021. Hosted on the ASBA website are helpful supports including nomination forms, relevant legislation and ASBA resources. In advance of the municipal election, please find relevant resources below, including items from ASBA’s Academy. A summary of the Academy and a list of additional supports will be made available next week. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of resources.
Advocacy Leadership Academy items – Municipal Election Session
- Municipal Election PowerPoint Slide Deck: Slide deck from the presentation by Crestview at ASBA’s Advocacy Leadership Academy.
- ASBA Trustee Election Guide – A comprehensive Guide with step-by-step information, key dates, reference to legislation, and tips and tools to support your election campaign. (**French translation to be shared in coming days)
- ASBA Trustee Campaign Checklist – A checklist to ensure success each step of the way.