How Do I Register My Child? Form 305A
If you are new to the district, welcome! Families do not have to be of the Catholic faith to register in our schools. An interview will take place with the principal to help you determine if our values align with your family's values & beliefs. In Alberta ALL Catholic schools are fully funded, and no one pays tuition. Students in regular programs attend designated schools according to the attendance boundaries established by the Grande Prairie Catholic School District Board of Trustees of the school district. Information about the attendance boundaries is located by clicking HERE.
For more detailed information about the following schools and/or programs, please contact the schools directly by clicking on the SCHOOLS tab.
In addition to the regular programs offered in neighborhood schools, several programs of choice are available for your consideration.We also offer the following specialized programs:
- Montessori Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 4 @ Mother Teresa
- Pre-Kindergarten @ St. Clement & St. Pat's (high verbal or high needs programming)
- YMCA Before & After School Care and Kindergarten Care @ Holy Cross and Kateri
- French Immersion Pre-School @ St. Gerard's
- French Immersion K-9 @ St. Gerard's and 10-12 @ St. Joe's
- Sports Academy @ St. Pat's (Hockey or Multi-Sport)
- Advanced Placement & Pre-Advanced Placement (St. Joe's High School)
The following steps outline the basic steps required in registering a student new to the Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools. Students who are transferring schools within the district may follow the same general steps with the exception of step 3:
- Consult the district map to identify your neighborhood school, and/or the list of schools above to determine the location of the special program you are interested in. If you are interested in attending one of the special programs offered by the Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools, you must telephone the school directly to obtain specific instructions regarding registration.
- To register in a regular school program, please visit your neighborhood school to complete the registration form. You may also download the district registration form (Form 305 A) from HERE in order to print and complete it before visiting the school.
- Please note, for new students only: Alberta Education requires copies of birth certificates and Alberta Health Care numbers are required for all students registering in our Catholic School District.
As well, or students who do not reside with their parents, documentation regarding guardianship must be included as well Please contact the school for more information regarding guardianship requirements.
- School fees are required for all students. Each school will be able to provide information regarding the fees, as well as any additional fees that may be associated with special programs.
- Transportation is available for students in some cases, depending upon the distance the students reside from the school. In general, students who reside further than 1.7 Km (Grades K to 3—unique to Catholic schools in the area) or 2.4 Km (Grade 4+) from their neighborhood school will qualify for free transportation using school buses operated by First Student Canada. More information regarding transportation is available from the school, or from calling Transportation office at (780) 513-1220.