Programs We Offer
We want to help you with your dreams and expectations for your family. We believe that a Christian education grounded in individual student success can meet your expectations for a well rounded family & community. We are pleased to offer many opportunities for our families:
- Montessori (Pre-School to Grade 2+): Montessori (Mother Teresa). Learn through the Montessorri way. Monthly user fee for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Junior Kindergarten (Ages 3 to 5): (St. Pat’s, St. Clement), & Pre-School (St. Mary Sexsmith, Ste. Marie & STM). Helping children with needs & children with high verbal skills succeed. Free if you qualify.
- KinderCare YMCA: Kateri and Holy Cross. Monthly fee. Run by YMCA on days when Kindergarten is not in session.
- After School Care K-6: YMCA (Holy Cross, Kateri, & Mother Teresa) & AFCA (St. Gerard). Monthly fee. YMCA a name you can trust.
- Balanced Literacy. A unique approach to elementary education in all schools where children learn to read, write, create, and explore. Student achievement speaks to the successof this program.
Early Literacy (Grades 1-8): A district-wide intervention program during school hours that meets the needs of struggling readers.
- French Immersion (K-12) : St Gerard is a K to 9 French Immersion Centre, & St. Joe’s compliments the program in Grades 10-12. A wide variety of opportunities to learn the language and culture.
- DELF Assessment: International assessment to certify your son/daughter in the French language. For French as a Second Language stduents and Immersion students. Certification from the Government of France at levels A1, A2, B1 and B2.
- Service & Social Justice: This is how we live our faith as Christians! Year-long activities to build a better world.
- Band (Grades 4-12): Introductory to expereinced artists can particiapte in Wind Ensemble, Jazz, & Concert Band.
Gifted Education (Grades 4-12): We believe in Inclusion, Enhancement Days, Destination ImagiNation, Compacting, & Advanced Placement as ways to better meet your family's needs.
- Grade 9 Families (St. Joes): Worried about your son/daughter transitioning to the big high school? We now contain the grade 9s in the high school in a separate unit with a group of high performing staff. The separation allows a more successful experience & integration with boundaries. Pre-Advanced Placement (Grades 9-11): Challenge yourself in 1-4 courses in Language Arts, Science, Social, & Math. St. Joe’s.
- Advanced Placement (Grade 9-12): Pursue your expertise & passion in one course so you are more prepared for college/ university.
- St. FX Sports Academy (Grade 4-8): St. Pat’s. Multi-Sport or Hockey. Pursue your passion 2 days/week & explore other sports during Enhancement Days (1x per week).
- High Performance Training Centre (Grades 9-12): St. Joe’s new Fitness Centre features the highest quality training equipment. The Multi-Plex provides you with an unparalleled opportunity next door.
- High School Re-Design: St. Joe’s is experimenting with how to teach in new & innovative ways to deliver high school education and to personalize education.
Check our results at Alberta Education. In many area we score 12% high than the provincial average on academics and are in the top 5% when comparing our Language Arts results to others. Students in Advanced Placement courses score at the Canadian norm too. Parent and student satisfaction is also very high!